Recital Date: April 22, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
Registration Deadline: April 2, 2023
Location: Plainville Public Library. 56 East Main St. Plainville, CT
Who: Students of any age and level
Music: Students will play pieces with animal themes. Examples are provided on the following list, compiled by Dr. Julie Hague.
Questions? Email Julie Hague
GENERAL RULES FOR ALL YOUTH RECITALS
• The General Guidelines For All Student Programs apply to Youth Recitals. Students of any level of ability may perform.
• Instrumentalists (any instrument), vocalists and small ensembles are all welcome to perform.
• Participating students should have some previous experience as performers. Stu- dents should be trained in proper stage decorum: when and how to walk on and off the stage, how to bow and acknowledge applause, and what to do in case of memory lapses.
• Each teacher may only enter six students per date.
• Each student is limited to five minutes or less of music (one long piece or two short pieces).
• The recital chairperson determines the program from the information provided on the entry form, and he or she will notify the teachers at least one week prior to the event. Teachers are then responsible for informing their students.
• Music in original form is preferable to arrangements.
• All music to be performed must be memorized (except ensemble music).
• Appropriate concert dress is expected (no jeans, sneakers, shorts, or uniforms).
• No ﬂash photography is allowed during the concert. Phones must be silenced or
turned off during the recital.
• Teachers should remind parents and students that all attendees are expected to
stay until the end of each program. No program will last longer than 90 minutes.